To Hiring Manager
I’m writing to express my interest in the Medical Billing and AR Specialist position you have available. I possess the necessary skills and experience you are seeking and would make a valuable addition to your company.
In essence, I’m experienced and responsible for the timely submission of technical or professional medical claims to insurance companies. I’m experienced in submitting medical claims to insurance companies and payers such as Medicare and Medicaid or Commercials. It is a position that is critical for the financial cycle of all health care providers, from single-provider practices through large medical centers.
My actual job as a Medical Billing, AR and Coding Specialist have provided me with a well-rounded background and enabled me to develop an analytical/logical approach to tasks, software skills, and the ability to work under pressure. My current responsibilities include:
- Obtaining referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
- Checking eligibility and benefits verification for treatments, hospitalizations, and procedures.
- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness, and obtaining any missing information.
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle time frame.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Reviewing accounts for insurance of patient follow-up.
- Researching and appealing denied claims.
- Setting up patient payment plans and work collection accounts.
- Updating billing software with rate changes.
- Updating cash spreadsheets, and running collection reports.
With these skills and Experience, I believe I would be a great asset to your organization.
I look forward to speaking with you further regarding your available position.
Thank you for your time.